A Gail Crosman Moore Workshop
Saturday March 18, 2017
11:00 AM - 5:00 PM
In this one day class we will be experimenting with several coloring compounds.
Alcohol inks, Gesso with colored pencil, nail polish, Rub n' Buff and mica powders. All of these things can be found at the larger craft stores, i.e. Michaels and A.C. Moore or Queen's Ink which is right in Savage Mill.
The common denominator in all of these processes is preparation; you will need to rub the surface of each piece with steel wool (0000) in order to add some 'tooth' to the surface as well as remove all of the oils.
There is really only one rule in all of the 'cold applications', and that is to NOT use Alcohol Inks on top of nail polish as it turns into a gooey mess. Alcohol Inks, when dry, pose no trouble if you add anything on top.
Cost of Instruction: $95
Cost of Kit: $40 (includes a collection of new and vintage brass findings and compounds tools.)
$25 deposit at time of registration. (limit of 20 people per class)
This deposit will need to be paid by the Wednesday before the scheduled class.
Store policies regarding Designer Series and Guest Instructor Workshops
- All workshops require pre-registration, walk-ins will not be accepted.
- Workshops MUST be paid for at the time of registration. Please do not email us to register for these workshops. All registrations and payments must be made over the phone by calling 240-456-4568 or by registering in person at the store.
- All kits may be purchased directly from the instructor on the day of your workshop.
- Coupons may not be used for Designer Series and Guest Instructor workshops.
- If you miss or cannot make a workshop for which you are registered, you will be given credit that can be applied to another class or store merchandise. However, because we pay guest instructors for a minimum number of students, if you were included in that minimum required number, no money will be refunded and no credit will be given.In any case 48 hours notice of cancellation is required to receive any refund or credit. Cancellations must be made by calling the store, 240-456-4568, or by stopping by the store in person. Cancellation requests received via email will not be accepted.
- If you are registered for a workshop and cannot attend, we cannot give a refund for any reason unless the class is filled and there is someone on the waiting list who can take your place. If you can find someone to replace you in the class, that is fine also.
Bead Soup must enforce these policies due to the high cost of bringing such high profile instructors to the shop.
Thank you for your understanding.