A Diane Dennis Workshop
Play with Fire
Saturday October 7, 2017
A little sparkle, a little flash and you have a flame! Itís time to Play with Fire!
Create a substantial focal pendant with one of my favorite things, a large Swarovski crystal! First work a beaded bezel to set your crystal, embellish the bezel and set the crystal bezel inside of an embellished frame of CRAW. Suspend your pendant from an equally elaborate smaller crystal. Hang your pendant treasure from a circle bail and toggle system and suspend from an embellished necklace strap. You have the option on the length of the necklace strap, leave it short or make it long.
This is an intermediate to advanced beading project. You must be proficient in peyote with step ups and with Cubic Right Angle Weave. You will also be embellishing the peyote and CRAW with additional beads by stitching in the ditch. Also, you may achieve the look of CRAW using a flat Right Angle Weave and zip it closed.
Experience Level: Intermediate to Advanced
Cost of Instruction: $ 70.00
Cost of Kit: $ TBD
You must be proficient in peyote with step ups and with Cubic Right Angle Weave.
A primer for CRAW (Cubic Right Angle Weave) may be found on youtube.com.
Search for Heather Collins and look for her video: How to bead - Basic Cubic Right Angle Weave video Tutorial
$25 deposit at time of registration. (limit of 20 people per class)
This deposit will need to be paid by the Wednesday before the scheduled class.
Store policies regarding Designer Series and Guest Instructor Workshops
- All workshops require pre-registration, walk-ins will not be accepted.
- Workshops MUST be paid for at the time of registration. Please do not email us to register for these workshops. All registrations and payments must be made over the phone by calling 240-456-4568 or by registering in person at the store.
- All kits may be purchased directly from the instructor on the day of your workshop.
- Coupons may not be used for Designer Series and Guest Instructor workshops.
- If you miss or cannot make a workshop for which you are registered, you will be given credit that can be applied to another class or store merchandise. However, because we pay guest instructors for a minimum number of students, if you were included in that minimum required number, no money will be refunded and no credit will be given.In any case 48 hours notice of cancellation is required to receive any refund or credit. Cancellations must be made by calling the store, 240-456-4568, or by stopping by the store in person. Cancellation requests received via email will not be accepted.
- If you are registered for a workshop and cannot attend, we cannot give a refund for any reason unless the class is filled and there is someone on the waiting list who can take your place. If you can find someone to replace you in the class, that is fine also.
Bead Soup must enforce these policies due to the high cost of bringing such high profile instructors to the shop.
Thank you for your understanding.