A Cindy Holsclaw Workshop
Saturday, January 23, 2021
(Online Class via Zoom)
Experience Level: Intermediate to Advanced Only
Cost of Instruction: $85.00
Cost of Kit: $ TBA
$25 deposit at time of registration**. (limit of 20 people per class)
* All classes need to be paid in full at the time of registration.
//// > All signups will end three weeks prior to each event so that kits can get prepared and sent out.
Weave a collection of droplets into this stunning necklace! The teardrop decorative motif represents the chemical water; a source of refreshment, a path to cleanliness, and an essential compound for all life as we know it. Once considered to be one of the four fundamental elements (alongside fire, air, and earth), we now know that a water molecule is a simple arrangement of two hydrogen atoms and one oxygen atom. Its chemical structure, H2O, is instantly recognizable to anyone no matter their background in chemistry.
In this piece, several droplet elements come together from a diverse collection of structures and forms. You'll stitch several droplet elements with curves of cubic right-angle weave (CRAW), and vary the lengths of these curves for several sizes of these elements. You'll bezel flat back crystals using double prismatic right-angle weave (DPRAW) for small, delicate matching components. Additional DPRAW-bezeled chatons join the necklace, and you'll decorate one of these with bicone crystals for the center focal. Finally, you'll complete the necklace with teardrop-shaped Swarovski crystals. All these components have potential for further variations, and you can explore mixing and matching them for earrings, bracelets, and more.
Students should be proficient in CRAW and peyote stitch, and should be comfortable working with size 15° seed beads. Knowledge of DCRAW and DPRAW are helpful but not required.
Store policies regarding Designer Series and Guest Instructor Workshops
- All workshops require pre-registration, walk-ins will not be accepted.
- Workshops MUST be paid for at the time of registration. Please do not email us to register for these workshops. All registrations and payments must be made over the phone by calling 240-456-4568 or by registering in person at the store.
- All kits may be purchased directly from the instructor on the day of your workshop.Coupons may not be used for Designer Series and Guest Instructor workshops.
- If you miss or cannot make a workshop for which you are registered, you will be given credit that can be applied to another class or store merchandise. However, because we pay guest instructors for a minimum number of students, if you were included in that minimum required number, no money will be refunded and no credit will be given. In any case 48 hours notice of cancellation is required to receive any refund or credit. Cancellations must be made by calling the store, 240-456-4568, or by stopping by the store in person. Cancellation requests received via email will not be accepted.
- If you are registered for a workshop and cannot attend, we cannot give a refund for any reason unless the class is filled and there is someone on the waiting list who can take your place. If you can find someone to replace you in the class, that is fine also.
** A non-refundable $25 deposit is needed at time of registration. Please check your schedule and skill level before securing your seat. The balance is due the Wednesday prior to the event and if I don't see or hear from you prior to the event the remaining balance will be charged to the credit card used for the deposit.
Bead Soup must enforce these policies due to the high cost of bringing such high profile instructors to the shop.
Thank you for your understanding.