A Cindy Holsclaw Workshop
The Orb Pendant
Sunday, January 24, 2021
(Online Class via Zoom)
Experience Level: Intermediate to Advanced Only
Cost of Instruction: $85.00
Cost of Kit: $ TBA
$25 deposit at time of registration**. (limit of 20 people per class)
* All classes need to be paid in full at the time of registration.
//// > All signups will end three weeks prior to each event so that kits can get prepared and sent out.
Stitch a stunning orb of crystals! The word "orb" describes a sphere or a globe and comes from the Latin word orbis, which means circle or disc. While "sphere" or "ball" describes the same round geometric structure, Orbs are fanciful, poetic, or fantastical in nature. Orbs of all kinds feature in both classical and contemporary art, from ancient depictions of planetary bodies, to royal regalia, to sought after symbols in virtual games. While still spherical, this particular orb has an underlying geometric structure of a dodecahedron, joining its fantastical radiance to solid mathematics.
This piece features a dozen rivoli crystals surrounded by shimmering flat back crystals, all joined together using the geometry of a dodecahedron. You'll use a combination of peyote and right-angle weave to stitch the rivolis into place, and then you'll use additional variations on peyote to decorate the pendant with the flat back crystals. The Orb is stunning on its own as an objet d'art, or you can add a matching bail to wear it as a pendant. The smaller crystals also decorate its matching beaded chain, which you'll weave using cubic right-angle weave (CRAW) and double cubic right-angle weave (DCRAW). This class is appropriate for students who are already proficient in CRAW and who would like to explore the geometry of a dodecahedron.
Students should be proficient in CRAW and peyote stitch, and should be comfortable working with size 15° seed beads. Knowledge of DCRAW is helpful but not required.
Store policies regarding Designer Series and Guest Instructor Workshops
- All workshops require pre-registration, walk-ins will not be accepted.
- Workshops MUST be paid for at the time of registration. Please do not email us to register for these workshops. All registrations and payments must be made over the phone by calling 240-456-4568 or by registering in person at the store.
- All kits may be purchased directly from the instructor on the day of your workshop.Coupons may not be used for Designer Series and Guest Instructor workshops.
- If you miss or cannot make a workshop for which you are registered, you will be given credit that can be applied to another class or store merchandise. However, because we pay guest instructors for a minimum number of students, if you were included in that minimum required number, no money will be refunded and no credit will be given. In any case 48 hours notice of cancellation is required to receive any refund or credit. Cancellations must be made by calling the store, 240-456-4568, or by stopping by the store in person. Cancellation requests received via email will not be accepted.
- If you are registered for a workshop and cannot attend, we cannot give a refund for any reason unless the class is filled and there is someone on the waiting list who can take your place. If you can find someone to replace you in the class, that is fine also.
** A non-refundable $25 deposit is needed at time of registration. Please check your schedule and skill level before securing your seat. The balance is due the Wednesday prior to the event and if I don't see or hear from you prior to the event the remaining balance will be charged to the credit card used for the deposit.
Bead Soup must enforce these policies due to the high cost of bringing such high profile instructors to the shop.
Thank you for your understanding.