Experience Level: Beginners and Up
Cost of Instruction: $65.00
Cost of Kit: $ 25.00
$25 deposit at time of registration**. (limit of 20 people per class)
The balance will need to be paid in full before the scheduled class.
Create a funky, steampunk-style mixed media pendant with some easy-to-find hardware, 2 different kinds of zipper, and a beautiful artisan-made lampwork bead. Students will learn to work with zipper, repurposed hardware, create a bail and how to oxidize and finish their own unique pendant.
Basic student tool list for all of my classes:
• Round nose pliers
• Chain nose pliers
• Flush cutters
• Nylon pliers
• Magnification/reading glasses (if needed)
• Task light(optional)
• Extension cords (if needed)
I will provide the following tools for students to share:
• Bench blocks with pads
• Drills and mandrels for coiling
• Steel wool
• Pro polish pads
• Liver of Sulfur
• Students are encouraged to bring their own tools, but I always have 6-8 sets of additional hand tools in case someone is missing something.
Supplies will be available prior and the day of the event.
Store policies regarding Designer Series and Guest Instructor Workshops
- All workshops require pre-registration, walk-ins will not be accepted.
- Workshops MUST be paid for at the time of registration. Please do not email us to register for these workshops. All registrations and payments must be made over the phone by calling 240-456-4568 or by registering in person at the store.
- All kits may be purchased directly from the instructor on the day of your workshop.Coupons may not be used for Designer Series and Guest Instructor workshops.
- If you miss or cannot make a workshop for which you are registered, you will be given credit that can be applied to another class or store merchandise. However, because we pay guest instructors for a minimum number of students, if you were included in that minimum required number, no money will be refunded and no credit will be given. In any case 48 hours notice of cancellation is required to receive any refund or credit. Cancellations must be made by calling the store, 240-456-4568, or by stopping by the store in person. Cancellation requests received via email will not be accepted.
- If you are registered for a workshop and cannot attend, we cannot give a refund for any reason unless the class is filled and there is someone on the waiting list who can take your place. If you can find someone to replace you in the class, that is fine also.
** A non-refundable $25 deposit is needed at time of registration. Please check your schedule and skill level before securing your seat. The balance is due the Wednesday prior to the event and if I don't see or hear from you prior to the event the remaining balance will be charged to the credit card used for the deposit.
Bead Soup must enforce these policies due to the high cost of bringing such high profile instructors to the shop.
Thank you for your understanding.