Sunday, October 18, 2020
11-5:00 PM EST
(Online Class via Zoom)
Experience Level: Intermediate to Advanced.
Cost of Instruction: $ 85.00 *
Cost of Kit: $ 125.00 *
(limit of 15 people per class)
* All classes need to be paid in full at the time of registration.
CRAW, Flat and Tubular Peyote, Chenille (will be taught in class)
This beautiful lotus is the embodiment of “grace blooming” to adorn you whether you wear it as a necklace or a ring or if you make two flowers to wear it as a ring/necklace set. In nature, the flower buds push up through murky and muddy water, and as the bud blooms, the core remains untainted despite the mucky environment in which it began its life. This is seen as an analogy for the human spirit and our experiences in this world—regardless of how difficult or challenging our lives are, nothing can taint the purity of the human spirit. That is why the lotus is viewed in many cultures as a symbol of purity and enlightenment.
In Hinduism, it is believed that the spirit of the Sacred Lotus Flower is a part of each human being. In this tradition, it is a symbol of fertility, prosperity, beauty, divinity, and life.
This stunning 2-in-1 necklace/ring is constructed using various stitches, including a PRAW vine shaped band that encircles two Swarovski pearls. A beautiful chaton is bezeled and surrounded by sculptured petals. The neck lariat is accented with special snake-textured fire polished beads and Swarovski pearls and is constructed with chenille stitch and PRAW that allows you to attach the pendant in a couple different ways. Worn as a necklace or ring it definitely a showstopper and an amazing statement piece.
Student Supply List:
- 4# fireline or One-G
- Size 12 and 13 needles
Store policies regarding Designer Series and Guest Instructor Workshops
- All workshops require pre-registration, walk-ins will not be accepted.
- Workshops MUST be paid for at the time of registration. Please do not email us to register for these workshops. All registrations and payments must be made over the phone by calling 240-456-4568 or by registering in person at the store.
- All kits may be purchased directly from the instructor on the day of your workshop.
- Coupons may not be used for Designer Series and Guest Instructor workshops.
- If you miss or cannot make a workshop for which you are registered, you will be given credit that can be applied to another class or store merchandise. However, because we pay guest instructors for a minimum number of students, if you were included in that minimum required number, no money will be refunded and no credit will be given. In any case, 48 hours notice of cancellation is required to receive any refund or credit. Cancellations must be made by calling the store, 240-456-4568, or by stopping by the store in person. Cancellation requests received via email will not be accepted.
- If you are registered for a workshop and cannot attend, we cannot give a refund for any reason unless the class is filled and there is someone on the waiting list who can take your place. If you can find someone to replace you in the class, that is fine also.
- ** A non-refundable $25 deposit is needed at the time of registration. Please check your schedule and skill level before securing your seat. The balance is due the Wednesday prior to the event and if I don't see or hear from you prior to the event the remaining balance will be charged to the credit card used for the deposit.
Bead Soup must enforce these policies due to the high cost of bringing such high profile instructors to the shop.
Thank you for your understanding.