An Amee Sweet-McNamara Workshop
Saturday April 8, 2017
11:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Soutache & Bead Embroidery is heating up with the “Flame Stitch” – a new and exciting way to build tapered, dynamic shapes. And whether you like your jewelry “Small & Stylish” or “Go Big or Go Home,” Amee Runs with Scissors’ new class, “Gypsy Fire” teaches an amazingly simple method for creating custom-fit, collar-style necklaces of any scale that drape and wear beautifully every time. In this Intermediate Level class, students will blend Soutache & Bead Embroidery with Fish Leather, silk Shibori ribbon, velvet and other materials to create a rich, collar-style necklace in their choice of size and scale.
Students should come to class with a surface on which to work (bead-blanket or bead-tray), a good pair of sharp, small scissors, a pair of larger sewing scissors, any reading glasses or magnifiers they may normally require for fine work and any additional task lighting desired. Project will not be finished in class but Amee Runs with Scissors’ “Whole Story,” step-by-step, full-color instructions will make it easy to finish at home.
Kits will be offered in five different color-ways. Flush-cutters and pliers (both flat and round-nose) will be needed to complete the project.
Experience Level: Intermediate
Cost of Instruction: $95
Cost of Kit: $ TBD
All materials for this class will be available for purchase at Bead Soup. Pattern is supplied at the start of class.
Store policies regarding Designer Series and Guest Instructor Workshops
- All workshops require pre-registration, walk-ins will not be accepted.
- Workshops MUST be paid for at the time of registration. Please do not email us to register for these workshops. All registrations and payments must be made over the phone by calling 240-456-4568 or by registering in person at the store.
- All kits may be purchased directly from the instructor on the day of your workshop.
- Coupons may not be used for Designer Series and Guest Instructor workshops.
- If you miss or cannot make a workshop for which you are registered, you will be given credit that can be applied to another class or store merchandise. However, because we pay guest instructors for a minimum number of students, if you were included in that minimum required number, no money will be refunded and no credit will be given.In any case 48 hours notice of cancellation is required to receive any refund or credit. Cancellations must be made by calling the store, 240-456-4568, or by stopping by the store in person. Cancellation requests received via email will not be accepted.
- If you are registered for a workshop and cannot attend, we cannot give a refund for any reason unless the class is filled and there is someone on the waiting list who can take your place. If you can find someone to replace you in the class, that is fine also.
Bead Soup must enforce these policies due to the high cost of bringing such high profile instructors to the shop.
Thank you for your understanding.