An Amee Sweet-McNamara Workshop
Rocaille Refinement Necklace
Friday April 7, 2017
11:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Calling all Lily-Gilders, Tassel-Hangers and Glitter-Sprinklers
this is SO your kind of jewelry!
Achieve elegant results in Soutache & Bead Embroidery. Adventurous Beginners will learn all the Basics including Aligning & Stacking, Shaping Stitches, Ending Stacks, Backing & Edge-Beading and creating Peyote Stitch Bezel. Those with more experience will be fascinated by new techniques including sculpting with Shibori ribbon, connecting components and creating a sturdy-but-delicate-looking captured-bead chain – a technique that can be used again and again in future soutache projects.
Students should come to class with a surface to bead on (bead board or bead blanket), good, sharp scissors and any magnifiers or extra task lighting desired. To complete the work, students will also need pliers, flush-cutters and looping or rosary pliers. Projects will not be finished in class but every kit comes with Amee Runs with Scissors’ full-color, “Whole Story” step-by-step instructions making it easy to finish the project at home.
Kits will be provided in five different color-ways.
Experience Level: Adventurous Beginner
Cost of Instruction: $95
Cost of Kit: $TBD
All materials for this class will be available for purchase at Bead Soup. Pattern is supplied at the start of class.
Store policies regarding Designer Series and Guest Instructor Workshops
- All workshops require pre-registration, walk-ins will not be accepted.
- Workshops MUST be paid for at the time of registration. Please do not email us to register for these workshops. All registrations and payments must be made over the phone by calling 240-456-4568 or by registering in person at the store.
- All kits may be purchased directly from the instructor on the day of your workshop.
- Coupons may not be used for Designer Series and Guest Instructor workshops.
- If you miss or cannot make a workshop for which you are registered, you will be given credit that can be applied to another class or store merchandise. However, because we pay guest instructors for a minimum number of students, if you were included in that minimum required number, no money will be refunded and no credit will be given.In any case 48 hours notice of cancellation is required to receive any refund or credit. Cancellations must be made by calling the store, 240-456-4568, or by stopping by the store in person. Cancellation requests received via email will not be accepted.
- If you are registered for a workshop and cannot attend, we cannot give a refund for any reason unless the class is filled and there is someone on the waiting list who can take your place. If you can find someone to replace you in the class, that is fine also.
Bead Soup must enforce these policies due to the high cost of bringing such high profile instructors to the shop.
Thank you for your understanding.