An Amee Sweet-McNamara Workshop
Sunday April 9, 2017
11:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Each student begins by selecting a one-of-a-kind heart from “The Mending Pile” – a series of handmade polymer clay cabochons made by Amee, each one illustrating the human heart’s ability to heal despite the scars – and then chooses one of three color-ways. A special version of the “Flame Stitch” – appropriate for Adventurous Beginner and Intermediate soutache artists alike – is employed to create the Starfish’s legs. Working in layers, the pieces come together to form the “Starfish-Heart” – a dramatic-yet-quirky pendant, symbolic not only of our ability to survive heartbreak but of our infinite capacity to regenerate our ability to love anew. The pendant can be hung on student’s choice of chain or other cord (not included).
Experience Level: Adventurous Beginner / Intermediate
Cost of Instruction: $95
Cost of Kit: $ TBD
All materials for this class will be available for purchase at Bead Soup. Pattern is supplied at the start of class.
Store policies regarding Designer Series and Guest Instructor Workshops
- All workshops require pre-registration, walk-ins will not be accepted.
- Workshops MUST be paid for at the time of registration. Please do not email us to register for these workshops. All registrations and payments must be made over the phone by calling 240-456-4568 or by registering in person at the store.
- All kits may be purchased directly from the instructor on the day of your workshop.
- Coupons may not be used for Designer Series and Guest Instructor workshops.
- If you miss or cannot make a workshop for which you are registered, you will be given credit that can be applied to another class or store merchandise. However, because we pay guest instructors for a minimum number of students, if you were included in that minimum required number, no money will be refunded and no credit will be given.In any case 48 hours notice of cancellation is required to receive any refund or credit. Cancellations must be made by calling the store, 240-456-4568, or by stopping by the store in person. Cancellation requests received via email will not be accepted.
- If you are registered for a workshop and cannot attend, we cannot give a refund for any reason unless the class is filled and there is someone on the waiting list who can take your place. If you can find someone to replace you in the class, that is fine also.
Bead Soup must enforce these policies due to the high cost of bringing such high profile instructors to the shop.
Thank you for your understanding.